Mr. Mark, from Mr. Mark's classroom, made these cute minions from Twinkies. I loved the idea, but when I bought the Twinkies, I saw that Hostess has their name all over it. Sorry, Mr. Mark, but I had to dress this guy up more so he would really look miniony.
What you will need:
- Twinkies :-)
- black and red construction paper or cardstock
- wiggly eyes
- gray felt (or construction paper or aluminum foil)
- black sharpie
- overalls (click the pattern picture or here for link)
- black sharpie
- Alene's Tacky Glue
- scotch tape
- masking tape
- Cut black paper in 1/4 to 3/8's inch strips, long enough to wrap around Twinkies
- Cut out gray circles. I used felt, and it really added a nice touch. To get the circles almost perfect, I traced a wiggly eye that was larger than the ones I was using.
- Glue the wiggly eye onto the felt circle.
- Wrap the black strip around the Twinkie and tape in back.
- Cut out overalls. Wrap around Twinkie and tape suspenders and the 2 sides. (See diagram below for where to tape.)
- Cut red construction paper into rectangle (I did about about 8"x 5")
- Cut black construction paper in half (9" x 6")
- Glue the red paper onto the black and then attach the Twinkie (uh, I mean minion) with one or two pieces of rolled masking tape.
I found some minion pants on the web (at Skip to My Lou) and resized them to fit Twinkies. Click on the picture below for the PDF.
Where I put the tape for to attach the overalls:
The hair was really fun to draw on because every minion has a different style.